1. Waage J, Banerji R, Campbell O, Chirwa E, Collender G, Dieltiens V, et al. The Millennium Development Goals: a cross-sectoral analysis and principles for goal setting after 2015 Lancet and London International Development Centre Commission. Lancet. 2010; 376(9745):991-1023.
2. Liu L, Oza S, Hogan D, Perin J, Rudan I, Lawn JE, et al. Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2000-13, with projections to inform post-2015 priorities: an updated systematic analysis. Lancet. 2015; 385(9966):430-40.
3. Lawn JE, Cousens S, Zupan J; Lancet Neonatal Survival Steering Team. 4 million neonatal deaths: when? where? why? Lancet. 2005; 365(9462):891-900.
4. International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation. The International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) consensus on science with treatment recommendations for pediatric and neonatal patients: neonatal resuscitation. Pediatrics. 2006; 117(5):e978-88.
5. Chance GW, Hanvey L. Neonatal resuscitation in Canadian hospitals. CMAJ. 1987; 136(6):601-6.
6. Knippenberg R, Lawn JE, Darmstadt GL, Begkoyian G, Fogstad H, Walelign N, et al. Systematic scaling up of neonatal care in countries. Lancet. 2005; 365(9464):1087-98.
7. Kambarami RA, Chirenje MZ, Rusakaniko S. Perinatal practices in two rural districts of Zimbabwe: a community perspective. Cent Afr J Med. 2000; 46(4):96-100.
8. Rakshasbhuvankar AA, Patole SK. Benefits of simulation based training for neonatal resuscitation education: a systematic review. Resuscitation. 2014; 85(10):1320–3.
9. Cavaleiro A, Guimaraes H, Calheiros F. Training neonatal skills with simulators? Acta Paediatr. 2009; 98(4):636–9.
10. Lee MO, Brown LL, Bender J, Machan JT, Overly FL. A medical simulation-based educational intervention for emergency medicine residents in neonatal resuscitation. Acad Emerg Med. 2012; 19(5):577–85.
11. Weiner GM, Menghini K, Zaichkin J, Caid AE, Jacoby CJ, Simon WM. Self-directed versus traditional classroom training for neonatal resuscitation. Pediatrics. 2011; 127(4):713–9.
12. Curran V, Aziz K, O'Young S, Bessell C. Evaluation of the effect of a computerized training simulator (ANAKIN) on retention of neonatal resuscitation skills. Teach Learn Med. 2004; 16(2):157–64.
13. Draycott T, Sibanda T, Owen L, Akande V, Winter C, Reading S. Does training in obstetric emergencies improve neonatal outcome? BJOG. 2006; 113(2):177–82.