1. Sachan A, Gupta R, Das V, Agarwal A, Awasthi PK, Bhatia V. High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among pregnant women and their newborns in northern India. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81(5):1060-4.
2. Wang J, Yang F, Mao M, Liu DH, Yang HM, Yang SF. High prevalence of vitamin D and calcium deficiency among pregnant women and their newborns in Chengdu, China. World J Pediatr. 2010; 6(3):265-7.
3. Dawodu A, Wagner CL. Mother-child vitamin D deficiency: an international perspective. Arch Dis Child.
4. Lee JM, Smith JR, Philipp BL, Chen TC, Mathieu J, Holick MF. Vitamin D deficiency in a healthy group of mothers and newborn infants. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2007; 46(1):42-4.
5. Viljakainen HT, Saarnio E, Hytinantti T, Miettinen M, Surcel H, Mäkitie O, et al. Maternal vitamin D status determines bone variables in the newborn. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95(4):1749-57.
6. Kazemi A, Sharifi F, Jafari N, Mousavinasab N. High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among pregnant women and their newborns in an Iranian population. J Womens Health. 2009; 18(6):835-9.
7. Specker BL. Does vitamin D during pregnancy impact offspring growth and bone? Proc Nutr Soc. 2012; 71(1):38–45.
8. Whitehouse AJ, Holt BJ, Serralha M, Holt PG, Kusel MM, Hart PH. Maternal serum vitamin D levels during pregnancy and offspring neurocognitive development. Pediatrics. 2012; 129(3):485–93.
9. Walker VP, Zhang X, Rastegar I, Liu PT, Hollis BW, Adams JS, et al. Cord blood vitamin D status impacts innate immune responses. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96(6):1835–43.
10. Bodnar LM, Simhan HN. Vitamin D may be a link to black-white disparities in adverse birth outcomes. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2010; 65(4):273–84.
11. Hollis BW, Pittard WB 3rd. Evaluation of the total fetomaternal vitamin D relationships at term: evidence for racial differences. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1984; 59(4):652–7.
12. Roth DE. Vitamin D supplementation during pregnancy: safety considerations in the design and interpretation of clinical trials. J Perinatol. 2011; 31(7):449–59.
13. Ross AC, Taylor CL, Yaktine AL, Del Valle HB. Dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2011.
14. De-Regil LM, Palacios C, Ansary A, Kulier R, Pena-Rosas JP. Vitamin D supplementation for women
during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 2:CD008873.
15. Thorne-Lyman A, Fawzi WW. Vitamin D during pregnancy and maternal, neonatal and infant health outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2012; 26(Suppl 1):75–90. 16. Khalessi N, Kalani M, Araghi M, Farahani Z. The relationship between maternal vitamin D deficiency and low birth weight neonates. J Fam Reprod Health. 2015; 9(3):113-7. 17. Hashemipour S, Ziaee A, Javadi A, Movahed F, Elmizadeh K, Javadi EH, et al. Effect of treatment of vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency during pregnancy on fetal growth indices and maternal weight gain: a randomized clinical trial. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 172:15-9. 18. Sabour H, Hossein-Nezhad A, Maghbooli Z, Madani F, Mir E, Larijani B. Relationship between pregnancy outcomes and maternal vitamin D and calcium intake: a cross-sectional study. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2006; 22(10):585-9. 19. Gernand AD, Simhan HN, Klebanoff MA, Bodnar LM. Maternal serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and measures of newborn and placental weight in a U.S. multicenter cohort study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 98(1):398-404. 20. Pérez-López FR, Pasupuleti V, Mezones-Holguin E, Benites-Zapata VA, Thota P, Deshpande A, et al. Effect of vitamin D supplementation during pregnancy on maternal and neonatal outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Fertil Steril. 2015; 103(5):1278-88.e4. 21. Galthen-Sørensen M, Andersen LB, Sperling L, Christesen HT. Maternal 25-hydroxyvitamin D level and fetal bone growth assessed by ultrasound: a systematic review. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 44(6):633-40. 22. Roth DE, Al Mahmud A, Raqib R, Akhtar E, Perumal N, Pezzack B, et al. Randomized placebo-controlled trial of high-dose prenatal third-trimester vitamin D3 supplementation in Bangladesh: the AViDD trial. Nutr J. 2013; 12:47. 23. Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Mirghafourvand M, Mansouri A, Najafi M, Khodabande F. The effect of vitamin D and calcium plus vitamin D during pregnancy on pregnancy and birth outcomes: a randomized controlled trial. J Caring Sci. 2015; 4(1):35–44.