- Gilbert WM, Danielsen B. Pregnancy outcomes associated with intrauterine growth restriction. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188(6):1596–9.
- Bartels DB, Kreienbrock L, Dammann O, Wenzlaff P, Poets CF. Population based study on the outcome of small for gestational age newborns. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2005; 90(1):F53–9.
- Gortner L, Wauer RR, Stock GJ, Reiter HL, Reiss I, Jorch G, et al. Neonatal outcome in small for gestational age infants: do they really better? J Perinat Med. 1999; 27(6):484–9.
- Simchen MJ, Beiner ME, Strauss-Liviathan N, Dulitzky M, Kuint J, Mashiach S, et al. Neonatal outcome in growth-restricted versus appropriately grown preterm infants. Am J Perinatol. 2000; 17(4):187–92.
- Spinillo A, Capuzzo E, Piazzi G, Baltaro F, Stronati M, Ometto A. Significance of low birthweight for gestational age among very preterm infants. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1997; 104(6):668–73.
- Piper JM, Xenakis EM, McFarland M, Elliott BD, Berkus MD, Langer O. Do growth-retarded premature infants have different rates of perinatal morbidity and mortality than appropriately grown premature infants? Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87(2):169–74.
- Kristensen S, Salihu HM, Keith LG, Kirby RS, Fowler KB, Pass MAB. SGA subtypes and mortality risk among singleton births. Early Hum Dev. 2007; 83(2):99–105.
- Ballard JL, Khoury JC, Wedig K, Wang L, Eilers-Walsman BL, Lipp R. New Ballard Score, expanded to include extremely premature infants. J Pediatr. 1991; 119(3):417–23.
- Fenton TR, Kim JH. A systematic review and meta-analysis to revise the Fenton growth chart for preterm infants. BMC Pediatr. 2013; 13:59.
10. Kopelman AE, Mathew OP. Common respiratory disorders of the newborn. Pediatr Rev. 1995; 16(6):209–17.
11. Mathai SS, Raju U, Kanitkar M. Management of respiratory distress in the newborn. Med J Armed Forces India. 2007; 63(3):269–72.
12. Birenbaum HJ, Dentry A, Cirelli J, Helou S, Pane MA, Starr K, et al. Reduction in the incidence of chronic lung disease in very low birth weight infants: results of a quality improvement process in a tertiary level neonatal intensive care unit. Pediatrics. 2009; 123(1):44–50.
13. Levesque BM, Kalish LA, LaPierre J, Welch M, Porter V. Impact of implementing 5 potentially better respiratory practices on neonatal outcomes and costs. Pediatrics. 2011; 128(1):e218–26.
14. Dunn MS, Jefferies AL. Recommendations for neonatal surfactant therapy–addendum. Paediatr Child Health. 2012; 17(3):137–8.
15. Jobe AH, Bancalari E. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001; 163(7):1723–9.
16. Gluck L, Kulovich MV. Lecithin-sphingomyelin ratios in amniotic fluid in normal and abnormal pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 115(4):539–46.
17. Yoon JJ, Kohl S, Harper RG. The relationship between maternal hypertensive disease of pregnancy and the incidence of idiopathic respiratory distress syndrome. Pediatrics. 1980; 65(4):735–9.
18. Ferdynus C, Quantin C, Abrahamowicz M, Platt R, Burguet A, Sagot P, et al. Can birth weight standards based on healthy populations improve the identification of small-for-gestational-age newborns at risk of adverse neonatal outcomes? Pediatrics. 2009; 123(2):723–30.
19. Yu HJ, Kim ES, Kim JK, Yoo HS, Ahn SY, Chang YS, et al. Outcomes of small for gestational age micropremies depending on how young or how small they are. Korean J Pediatr. 2011; 54(6):246–52.
20. Bardin C, Zelkowitz P, Papageorgiou A. Outcome of small-for-gestational age and appropriate-for-gestational age infants born before 27 weeks of gestation. Pediatrics. 1997; 100(2):E4.
21. Tyson JE, Kennedy K, Broyles S, Rosenfeld CR. The small for gestational age infant: accelerated or delayed pulmonary maturation? Increased or decreased survival? Pediatrics. 1995; 95(4):534–8.
22. Procianoy RS, Garcia-Prats JA, Adams JM, Silvers A, Rudolph AJ. Hyaline membrane disease and intraventricular haemorrhage in small for gestational age infants. Arch Dis Child. 1980; 55(7):502-5.
23. Schiff E, Friedman SA, Mercer BM, Sibai BM. Fetal lung maturity is not accelerated in preeclamptic pregnancies. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169(5):1096–101.
24. Owen J, Baker SL, Hauth JC, Goldenberg RL, Davis RO, Copper RL. Is indicated or spontaneous preterm delivery more advantageous for the fetus? Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163(3):868–72.
25. Thompson PJ, Greenough A, Gamsu HR, Nicolaides KH. Ventilatory requirements for respiratory distress syndrome in small-for-gestational-age infants. Eur J Pediatr. 1992; 151(7):528–31.
26. Kulovich MV, Gluck L. The lung profile. II. Complicated pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1979; 135(1):64–70.
27. Gross TL, Sokol RJ, Wilson MV, Kuhnert PM, Hirsch V. Amniotic fluid phosphatidylglycerol: a potentially useful predictor of intrauterine growth retardation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 140(3):277–81.
28. Lee YA, Dhanireddy R. Association of prolonged rupture of membranes (Prom) with bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) in extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants in the post-surfactant ERA 1287. Pediatr Res. 1998; 43(S4):220.
29. Hartling L, Liang Y, Lacaze-Masmonteil T. Chorioamnionitis as a risk factor for bronchopulmonary dysplasia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2012; 97(1):F8–17.