- World Health Organization. The world health report 2000: health systems: improving performance. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2000.
- Fauci AS. Infectious diseases: considerations for the 21st century. Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 32(5):675–85.
- World Health Organization. The world health report 1999: making a difference: message from the Director-General. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1999.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Vaccine preventable deaths and the Global Immunization Vision and Strategy, 2006-2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55(18):511-5.
- Zarei S, Jedi Tehrani M, Zarnani AH, Zeraati H, Bonakdar S, Ghazanfari M, et al. Early complications of DTP vaccination in 4-6years children of Tehran. Payesh. 2007; 6(3):273-83.
- Pentavalent vaccine guideline for health worker. Ministry of Health and Medical Education (Iran). Available at: URL: http://webda.behdasht.gov.ir/ news/; 2015.
- World Health Organization. Life in the 21st century: a vision for all: the World Health Report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998.
- Pentavalent vaccine. Guideline for health worker with Answers to frequently asked questions. India: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India; 2012.
- Faingezicht I, Avila-Aguerro ML, Cervantes Y, Fourneau M, Clemens SA. Primary and booster vaccination with DTPw-HB/Hib pentavalent vaccine in Costa Rican children who had received a birth dose of hepatitis B vaccine. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2002; 12(4):247-57.
10. WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system. 2015 global summary. World Health Organization. Available at: URL. http://apps.who.int/ immunization_monitoring/globalsummary/schedules; 2013.
11. Malik A. Pentavalent vaccine and adverse events following immunization-untangling the misinter-pretations. Indian J Pediatr. 2014; 81(12):1353–7.
12. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Ten great public health achievements--United States, 1900-1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1999; 48(12):241-3.
13. Chirico G, Marconi M, De Amici M, Gasparoni A, Mingrat G, Chiara A, et al. Deficiency of neutrophil bactericidal activity in term and preterm infants. Biol Neonate. 1985; 47(3):125-9.
14. Hanson LA, Dahlman-Hoglund A, Lundin S, Karlsson M, Dahlgren U, Ahlstedt S, et al. The maturation of the immune system. Monogr Allergy. 1996; 32:10-5.
15. Siegrist CA. Neonatal and early life vaccinology. Vaccine. 2001; 19(25-26):3331-46.
16. Puliyel J. AEFI and the pentavalent vaccine: looking for a composite picture. Indian J Med Ethics. 2013; 10(3):142–6.
17. Tre T. Vietnam suspends Quinvaxem vaccine following 9 deaths. Tuoitrenews.vn. Available at: URL: http:// tuoitrenews.vn/society/9330/vietnam-suspends-quinvaxem-vaccinefollowing-9-deaths; 2013.
18. Cunha MP, Dórea JG, Marques RC, Leão RS. Vaccine adverse events reported during the first ten years (1998–2008) after introduction in the state of Rondonia, Brazil. BioMed Res Int. 2013; 2013:853083.
19. Karami M, Holakouie Naieni K, Rahimi A, Fotouhi A, Eftekhar Ardabili H. Adverse events following immunization with DTP vaccine in infants and children in Kermanshah city: a cohort study. Iran J Epidemiol. 2006; 1(3-4): 33-9 (Persian).
20. Mortimer Jr EA, Jones PK. Pertusis vaccine in the United States: the benefit-risk ratio. International symposium on pertussis. Bethesda: National Institutes of Health; 1979.
21. Madhi SA, Cutland C, Jones S, Groome M, Ortiz E. Immunogenicity and safety of an acellular pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, inactivated poliovirus, Hib-conjugate combined vaccine (Pentaxim™) and monovalent hepatitis B vaccine at 6, 10 and 14 weeks of age in infants in South Africa. S Afr Med J.2011; 101(2):126-31.
22. Sauer L. Whooping cough: a study in immunization. JAMA. 1993; 100(4):239-41.