- Verklan T, Walden M; AWHONN. Core Curriculum for Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2010.
- Kliegman RM, Behrman RE, Jenson HB, Stanton BF. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 18th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders. 2007.
- Merenstein GB, Gardner SL. Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care. 6th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2006.
- Gale G, Brooks A. Implementing a palliative care program in a newborn intensive care unit. Adv Neonatal Care. 2006; 6(1):37-53.
- Khalajinia Z, Jandaghi Gh. Maternal risk factors associated with preterm delivery in Qom province of Iran in 2008. Sci Res Essays. 2012; 7(1):51-4.
- Jones L, Woodhouse D, Rowe J. Effective nurse parent communication: a study of parents’ perceptions in the NICU environment. Patient Educ Couns. 2007; 69(1-3):206-12.
- Carter JD, Mulder RT, Darlow BA. Parental stress in the NICU: the influence of personality, psychological, pregnancy and family factors. Personal Ment Health. 2007; 1(1):40-50.
- Punthmatharith B, Buddharat U, Kamlangdee T. Comparisons of needs, need responses, and need response satisfaction of mothers of infants in neonatal intensive care units. J Pediatr Nurs. 2007; 22(6):498-506.
- Gale G, Franck LS, Kools S, Lynch M. Parents’ perceptions of their infant's pain experience in the NICU. Int J Nurs Stud. 2004; 41(1):51-8.
11. Turan T, Başbakkal Z, Özbek Ş. Effect of nursing interventions on stressors of parents of premature infants in neonatal intensive care unit. J Clin Nurs
. 2008; 17(21):2856-66.
12. Als H. Newborn individualized developmental care and assessment program (NIDCAP): new frontier for neonatal and perinatal medicine. J Neonatal Perinatal Med. 2009; 2(3):135-47.
13. Borim Nejad L, Mehrnosh N, Seyyed Fatemi N, Haghghani H. Maternal stressor agents with premature infants in neonatal intensive care units. IJCCN. 2011; 4(1):39-44.
14. Valizadeh L. Akbarbegloo M, Asadollahy M. The effective stressors on mothers of preterm babies in the neonatal intensive care unit. Tabriz Univ Med Sci. 2009; 31(1):85-90. (Persian)
15. Hsieh HF, Shannon SE. Three approaches to qualitative content analysis. Qual Health Res
. 2005; 15(9):1277-88.
16. Elo S, Kyngas H. The qualitative content analysis process. J Adv Nurs
. 2008; 62(1):107-15.
17. Schlittenhart JM, Smart D, Miller K, Severtson B. Preparing parents to care for NICU discharge: an evidence based discharge teaching tool. Nurs Womens Health. 2012; 15(6):848-94.
19. Melnyk BM, Feinstein NF, Alpert-Gillis L, Fairbanks E, Crean HF, Sinkin RA, et al. Reducing premature infants' length of stay and improving parents' mental health outcomes with the creating opportunities for parent empowerment (COPE) neonatal intensive care unit program: a randomized, controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2006; 118(5):e1414-27.
20. Jafari Mianaei S, Alaee Karahroudy F, Rasuli M, Zayeri F. Effectiveness of" parent empowerment" program on anxiety and stress in mothers who have preterm infants hospitalized in NICUs. Payesh. 2012; 11(2):253-8.
21. Lee I, Norr KF, Oh K. Emotional adjustment and concerns of Korean mothers of premature infants. Int J Nurs Stud
. 2005; 42(1):21-9
22. Vasu V, Modi N. Assessing the impact of preterm nutrition. Early Hum Dev
. 2007; 83(12):813-8.
23. Boykova MV. Follow-up care of premature babies in Russia: evaluating parental experiences and associated services. Infant. 2008; 4(4):126-30.
24. Balakrishnan A, Stephens BE, Burke RT, Yatchmink Y, Alksninis BL, Tucker R, et al. Impact of very low birth weight infants on the family at 3months corrected age. Early Hum Dev.