1. Jadcherla SR, Kliegman RM. Studies of feeding intolerance in very low birth weight infants: definition and significance. Pediatrics. 2002; 109(3):516-7.
2. Lin HC
, Hsu CH
, Chen HL
, Chung MY
, Hsu JF
, Lien RI
, et al. Oral probiotics prevent necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight preterm infants: a multicenter, randomized, controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2008; 122(4):693-700.
3. Brunicardi FC, Schwartz SI. Schwartz's Principles of Surgery. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical Pub Division; 2006.
5. Nair V, Soraisham AS. Probiotics and prebiotics: role in prevention of nosocomial sepsis in preterm infants. Int J Pediatr. 2013; 2013:874726.
8. Szajewska H. Probiotics and prebiotics in preterm infants: where are we? Where are we going? Early Hum Dev. 2010; 86 Suppl 1:81-6.
9. Reid G, Jass J, Sebulsky
JK. Potential uses of probiotics in clinical practice. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2003; 16(4):658-72.
14. Braga TD
, da Silva GA
, de Lira PI
, de Carvalho Lima M
. Efficacy of Bifidobacterium breve and Lactobacillus casei oral supplementation on necrotizing enterocolitis in very-low-birth-weight preterm infants: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 93(1):81-6.
M. Early administration of Bifidobacterium breve to preterm infants: randomised controlled trial. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 1997; 76(2):F101-7.
18. Li D
, Rosito G
, Slagle T
. Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in neonates: an 8-year retrospective cohort study. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2013; 38(6):445-9.
19. Weizman Z, Asli G, Alsheikh A. Effect of a probiotic infant formula on infections in child care centers: comparison of two probiotic agents. Pediatrics. 2005; 115(1):5-9.