- Kicklighter SD, Potter ChF, Rosenkrantz T. Infant of Diabetic Mother [Internet]. [Updated 2013 May 10]. Available from: www.emedicine.com/ped/ topic485.htm.
- Widness JA. Fetal Risks and Neonatal Complications of Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders. In: Brody SA, Ueland K, editors. Endocrine Disorders in Pregnancy. Norwalk, CT: Appleton-Lang; 1989.P.273–97.
- Kliegman RM, Stanton BM, St. Geme J, Schor NF, Behrman RE. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2011.
- Wagner RK, Nielsen PE, Gonik B. Shoulder dystocia. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 1999; 26(2):371–83.
- Lucas MJ. Diabetes complicating pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2001; 28(3):513–36.
- Milley JR, Papacostas JS, Tabata BK. Effect of insulin on uptake of metabolic substrates by the sheep fetus. Am J Physiol. 1986; 251(3 Pt 1):E349–59.
- Philipps AF, Porte PJ, Stabinsky S, Rosenkrantz TS, Ray JR. Effects of chronic fetal hyperglycemia upon oxygen consumption in the ovine uterus and conceptus. J Clin Invest. 1984; 74(1):279–86.
- Widness JA, Susa JB, Garcia JF, Singer DB, Sehgal P, Oh W, et al. Increased erythropoiesis and elevated erythropoietin in infants born to diabetic mothers and in hyperinsulinemic rhesus fetuses. J Clin Invest. 1981; 67(3):637–42.
- Stonestreet BS, Goldstein M, Oh W, Widness JA. Effect of prolonged hyperinsulinemia on erythropoiesis in fetal sheep. Am J Physiol. 1989; 257(5 Pt 2):R1199–204.
10. Georgieff MK, Widness JA, Mills MM, Stonestreet BS. The effect of prolonged intrauterine hyperinsulinemia on iron utilization in fetal sheep. Pediatr Res. 1989; 26(5):467–9.
11. Petry CD, Wobken JD, McKay H, Eaton MA, Seybold VS, Johnson DE, et al. Placental transferrin receptor in diabetic pregnancies with increased fetal iron demand. Am J Physiol. 1994; 267(4 Pt 1):E507–14.
12. Georgieff MK, Petry CD, Mills MM, McKay H, Wobken JD. Increased N-glycosylation and reduced transferring-binding capacity of transferrin receptor isolated from placentas of diabetic women. Placenta. 1997; 18(7):563–8.
13. Petry CD, Eaton MA, Wobken JD, Mills MM, Johnson DE, Georgieff MK. Liver, heart, and brain iron deficiency in newborn infants of diabetic mothers. J Pediatr. 1992; 121(1):109–14.
14. Cianflone K, Roncari DK, Maslowska M, Baldo A
, Forden J
, Sniderman AD
. Adipsin/acylation stimulating protein system in human adipocytes: regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis. Biochemistry. 1994; 33(32):9489–9495.
15. Yasruel Z, Cianflone K, Sniderman AD, Rosenbloom M
, Walsh M
, Rodriguez MA
. Effect of acylation stimulating protein on the triacylglycerol synthetic pathway of human adipose tissue. Lipids. 1991; 26(7):495–9.
16. Haagsman HP, de Haas CG, Geelen MJ, van Golde LM. Regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis in the liver. Modulation of diacylglycerol acyltransferase activity in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1982; 257(18):10593–8.
17. Germinario R, Sniderman AD, Manuel S, Lefebvre SP
, Baldo A
, Cianflone K
. Coordinate regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis and glucose transport by acylation stimulating protein. Metabolism. 1993; 40(5):574–80.
18. Cianflone K, Lu H, Smith J, Yu W, Wang H. Adiponectin, acylation stimulating protein and complement C3 are altered in obesity in very young children. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005; 62(5):567–72.
19. Avery ME, Oppenheimer EH, Gordon HH. Renal-vein thrombosis in newborn infants of diabetic mothers-report of Two Cases. N Engl J Med. 1957; 265:1134–8
20. Sivan E, Mazaki-Tovi S, Pariente C, Efraty Y
, Schiff E
, Hemi R
, et al. Adiponectin in human cord blood: relation to fetal birth weight and gender. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88(12):5656–60.
21. Kitamura S, Yokota I, Hosoda H, Kotani Y
, Matsuda J
, Naito E
, et al. Ghrelin concentration in cord and neonatal blood: relation to fetal growth and energy balance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88(11):5473–7.
22. Ong K, Kratzsch J, Kiess W, Costello M, Scott C, Dunger D. Size at birth and cord blood levels of insulin, insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), IGF-II, IGF-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1), IGFBP-3, and the soluble IGF-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor in term human infants. The ALSPAC study team. Avon longitudinal study of pregnancy and childhood. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85(11):4266–9.
23. Connor JR, Menzies SL. Relationship of iron to oligodendrocytes and myelination. Glia. 1996; 17(2):89–93.
24. de Deungria M, Rao R, Wobken JD, Luciana M, Nelson CA, Georgieff MK. Perinatal iron deficiency decreases cytochrome c oxidase (CytOx) activity in selected regions of neonatal rat brain. Pediatr Res. 2000; 48(2):169–76.
25. Rollins MD, Maxwell AP, Afrasiabi M, Halliday HL
, Lappin TR
. Cord blood erythropoietin, pH, PaO2 and haematocrit following caesarean section before labour. Biol Neonate. 1993; 63(3):147–52.
26. Rooney SA. Regulation of Surfactant-Associated Phospholipid Synthesis and Secretion. In: Polin RA, Fox WW, editors. Fetal and Neonatal Physiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 1998.P.1283–99.
Deregnier RA, Nelson CA, Thomas KM, Wewerka S, Georgieff MK. Neurophysiologic evaluation of auditory recognition memory in healthy newborn infants and infants of diabetic mothers. J Pediatr. 2000; 137(6):777–84.