1. Organization WH. The World Health Report 2005. Make every mother and child count. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2005.
2. Vollset SE, Clarke R, Lewington S, Ebbing M, Halsey J, Lonn E, et al. Effects of folic acid supplementation on overall and site-specific cancer incidence during the randomised trials: meta-analyses of data on 50 000 individuals. The Lancet. 2013; 381(9871):1029-36.
3. Kelly D, O'Dowd T, Reulbach U. Use of folic acid supplements and risk of cleft lip and palate in infants: a population-based cohort study. Br J Gen Pract.
4. Organization WH. Guideline: Daily iron and folic acid supplementation in pregnant women. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2012.
5. McNulty B, McNulty H, Marshall B, Ward M, Molloy AM, Scott JM, et al. Impact of continuing folic acid after the first trimester of pregnancy: findings of a randomized trial of Folic Acid Supplementation in the Second and Third Trimesters. Am J Clin Nutr.
7. World Health Organization. Unit:3.5. Community Base Initiality. Egypt: Regional office for the Eastern Mediterranean; 2003.
8. Sehhati-Shafaii F, Asadollahy M, Piri R, Naghavi-Behzad M, Farzollahpour F. Prevalence and risk factors of preterm labor in Health Educational Centers of Northwest Iran (2009-2010). Life Sci J. 2013; 10(3).
9. Ghojazadeh M, Velayati A, Mallah F, Azami-Aghdash S, Mirnia K, Piri R, et al. Contributing death factors in very low-birth-weight infants by path method analysis. Niger Med J. 2014; 55(5):389-93.
10. Gautam CS, Saha L, Sekhri K, Saha PK. Iron deficiency in pregnancy and the rationality of iron supplements prescribed during pregnancy. T Medscape J Med. 2008; 10(12):283.
11. Cordero AM, Crider KS, Rogers LM, Cannon MJ, Berry RJ. Optimal serum and red blood cell folate concentrations in women of reproductive age for prevention of neural tube defects: world health organization guidelines. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep
. 2015; 64(15):421-3.
12. Green NS. Folic acid supplementation and prevention of birth defects. J Nutr.
2002; 132(8 Suppl):2356S-60S.
13. Wilson RD, Johnson JA, Wyatt P, Allen V, Gagnon A, Langlois S, et al. Pre-conceptional vitamin/folic acid supplementation 2007: the use of folic acid in combination with a multivitamin supplement for the prevention of neural tube defects and other congenital anomalies. J Obstet Gynaecol Can
. 2007; 29(12):1003-26.
14. Czeizel AE, Dudás I, Vereczkey A, Bánhidy F. Folate deficiency and folic acid supplementation: the prevention of neural-tube defects and congenital heart defects. Nutrients. 2013; 5(11):4760-75.
15. Dastgiri S, Imani S, Kalankesh L, Barzegar M, Heidarzadeh M. Congenital anomalies in Iran: a cross-sectional study on 1574 cases in the North-West of country. Child Care Health Dev. 2007; 33(3):257-61.
16. Chang S, Zeng L, Brouwer ID, Kok FJ, Yan H. Effect of iron deficiency anemia in pregnancy on child mental development in rural China. Pediatrics. 2013; 131(3):e755-63.
17. Pasricha SR, Drakesmith H, Black J, Hipgrave D, Biggs BA. Control of iron deficiency anemia in low-and middle-income countries. Blood. 2013; 121(14):2607-17.
18. Miller JL. Iron deficiency anemia: a common and curable disease. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in medicine. 2013; 3(7):pii:a011866.
19. Bank W. Main Report. Iran: Islamic Republic of Iran Health Sector Review. 2007;1.
20. Bestwick JP, Huttly WJ, Morris JK, Wald NJ. Prevention of neural tube defects: a cross-sectional study of the uptake of folic acid supplementation in nearly half a million women. PloS one. 2014; 9(2):e89354.
21. Vaidya A, Saville N, Shrestha BP, Costello AM, Manandhar DS, Osrin D. Effects of antenatal multiple micronutrient supplementation on children's weight and size at 2 years of age in Nepal: follow-up of a double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2008; 371(9611):492-9.
22. Mahaini R. Improving maternal health to achieve the Millennium Development Goals in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: a youth lens. East Mediterr Health J
. 2008; (14 Suppl):S97-106
23. Kadivar MR, Massumi SJ, Moradi F, Shenavar B. Folic acid consumption in Fars province, southern Iran. J Res Health Sci. 2005; 5(2):11-4.
24. Bille C, Murray JC, Olsen SF. Folic acid and birth malformations. BMJ. 2007; 334(7591):433-4.