- UNICEF. Levels and trends in child mortality report 2011. Estimates developed by the UN Inter-agency Groups for Child Mortality Estimation. Available from: www.childmortality.org .
- Fetuga MB, Ogunlesi TA, Adekanmbi AF, Olanrewaju DM, Olowu AO. Comparative analyses of childhood mortality in S agamu, Nigeria: Implications for the Fourth MDG. SAJCH. 2007;1(3): 106-11.
- Forae GD, Uchendu OJ, Igbe AP. An audit of paediatric mortality patterns in a Nigerian Teaching Hospital. Niger Med J. 2014; 55(2): 130-3.
- Ogunlesi TA, Ogunfowora OB, Adekanmbi AF, Fetuga MB, Runsewe-Abiodun IT, Ogundeyi MM. Neonatal mortality at OlabisiOnabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu. Niger J Paediatr. 2006; 33(2): 40 -6.
- Oladokun RE, orimadegun AE, Olowu JA. A ten-year review of neonatal deaths in the Special Care Baby Unit at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. Niger J Paediatr. 2004; 31(4): 119-25.
- Das PK, Basu K, Chakraborty S, Basak M, Bhowmik PK. Early neonatal morbidity and mortality in a city-based medical college nursery. Indian J Public Health. 1998; 42(1): 9-14
- Ugwu RO, Eneh AU. Mortality in the Special Care Baby Unit of University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital: why and when do newborns die? Niger J Paediatr. 2008; 35(3/4): 75-81.
- Ekwochi U, Ndu IK, Nwokoye IC, Ezenwosu OU, Amadi OF, Osuorah D. Pattern of morbidity and mortality of newborns admitted to Special Care Baby Unit of ESUTH, Enugu State. Niger J Clin Pract. 2014; 17(3): 346-51.
- Najati N, Saboktakin L. Prevalence and underlying etiologies of neonatal hypoglycaemia. Pak J BiolSci. 2010; 13(15): 753-6.
10. Manji KP, Kisenge R. Neonatal hypothermia on admission to a special care unit in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania: a cause for concern. Cent Afr J Med. 2003; 49 (3-4): 23-7.
11. Gomella TL. Temperature Regulation. In: Neonatology- Management, procedures, On-Call Problems, Diseases and Drugs. 6th Edition. New York: Lange McGraw Hill Medical Publishers. 2009; 43-8.
12. Ogunlesi TA, Ogunfowora OB, Adekanmbi AF, Fetuga MB, Olanrewaju DM. Point-of-admission hypothermia among high-risk Nigerian babies. BMC Paediatr. 2008; 8: 40.
13. Dedeke IOF, Okeniyi JAO, Owa JA, Oyedeji GA, Ogunlesi TA. Point of admission neonatal hypoglycaemia in a Nigerian Tertiary Hospital: Incidence, risk factors and outcome. Niger J Paediatr. 2011; 38(2): 90 – 4.
14. Diallo AH, Meda N, Zabsonre E, Sommerfelt H, Cousens S, Tylleskar T, et al. Perinatal mortality in rural Burkina Faso: a prospective community-based cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10:45.
15. Belizan JM, McClure EM, Goudar SS, Pasha O, Esamai F, Patel A et al. Neonatal deaths in low-to-middle-income countries: a global network study. Am J Perinatol. 2010; 29(8): 649-56.
16. Njokanma F, Fagbule D. Outcome of referred neonates weighing less than 2500g. Trop Geogr Med. 1994; 46(3): 172-4.
17. Mannan MA, Jahan N, Dey SK, Uddin MF, Ahmed S. Maternal and foetal risk factors and complications with immediate outcome during hospital stay of very low birth weight babies. Mymensingh Med J. 2012; 21(4): 639-47.
18. Ogunfowora OB, Ogunlesi TA, Fetuga MB, Oyinlade AO. Clinical manifestations and outcome of hospitalized babies with birth asphyxia in Sagamu. Niger J Paediatr 2009; 35: 12 – 18
19. Ogunlesi TA, Adekanmbi AF, Fetuga MB, Ogunfowora OB, Ogundeyi MM. Risk factors for mortality in neonatal seizure in a Nigerian Newborn Unit. SAJCH 2007; 1(2): 64 – 7.
20. Basu S, Rathore P, Bhatia BD. Predictors of mortality in Very Low Birth Weight neonates in India. Singapore Med J. 2008; 49(7): 556-60.