1. Waldemar A. Overview of mortality and morbidity.
20th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2016.
2. Baghel B, Sahu A, Vishwanadham K. Pattern of admission and outcome of neonates in a NICU of Tribal Region Bastar, India. Congen Anomal. 2016; 2(6):147-50.
3. Black RE, Cousens S, Johnson HL, Lawn JE, Rudan I, Bassani DG, et al. Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2008: a systematic analysis. Lancet. 2010; 375(9730):1969-87.
4. Registrar General. Annual family health survey: sample, registration system, New Delhi. India: Registrar General; 2011.
5. Beck S, Wojdyla D, Say L, Betran AP, Merialdi M, Requejo JH, et al. The worldwide incidence of preterm birth: a systematic review of maternal mortality and morbidity. Bull World Health Organ. 2010; 88:31-8.
6. Lawn JE, Gravett MG, Nunes TM, Rubens CE, Stanton C; GAPPS Review Group. Global report on preterm birth and stillbirth (1 of 7): definitions, description of the burden and opportunities to improve data. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10(Suppl 1):S1.
7. Ike Elizabeth U, Modupe OO. Pattern of diseases and care outcomes of neonates admitted in special care baby unit of University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria from 2007 to 2011. J Nurs Health Sci. 2015; 4(1):62-71.
8. Belizán JM, McClure EM, Goudar SS, Pasha O, Esamai F, Patel A, et al. Neonatal death in low-to middle-income countries: a global network study. Am J Perinatol. 2012; 29(8):649-56.
9. Lawn JE, Blencowe H, Oza S, You D, Lee AC, Waiswa P, et al. Every Newborn: progress, priorities, and potential beyond survival. Lancet. 2014; 384(9938): 189-205.
10. UNICEF. Maternal, newborn and child survival, country profile. Ethiopia, statistics and monitoring section/policy and practice. New York: UNICEF; 2012.
11. Requejo J, Bryce J, Victora C, Deixel A, Barros A, Bhutta Z. Fulfilling the health agenda for women and children: the 2014 report. Geneva: United Nations Children’s Fund and World Health Organization; 2014.
12. Oza S, Lawn JE, Hogan DR, Mathers C, Cousens SN. Neonatal cause-of-death estimates for the early and late neonatal periods for 194 countries: 2000–2013. Bull World Health Organ. 2014; 93:19-28.
13. Osborn D, Cutter A, Ullah F. Universal sustainable development goals. Understanding the transfor-mational challenge for developed countries. London: Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future; 2015.
14. Ganatra H, Zaidi K. Neonatal infections in the developing world. Semin Perinatol. 2010; 34(6):416.
15. Darmstadt GL, Kinney MV, Chopra M, Cousens S, Kak L, Paul VK, et al. Who has been caring for the baby? Lancet. 2014; 384(9938):174-88.
16. Walana W, Acquah Ekuban KS, Abdul-Mumin A, Naafu B, Aruk E. Pattern, causes and treatment outcomes of neonatal admission in the Tamale
teaching hospital. Clin Mother Child Health. 2016; 13(252):2.
17. Ali SR, Ahmed S, Lohana H. Disease patterns and outcomes of neonatal admissions at a secondary care hospital in Pakistan. Sultan Qaboos Univ Med J. 2013; 13(3):424-8.
18. Hoque M, Haaq S, Islam R. Causes of neonatal admissions and deaths at a rural hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. South Afr J Epidemiol Infect. 2011; 26(1):26-9.
19. Tekleab AM, Amaru GM, Tefera YA. Reasons for admission and neonatal outcome in the neonatal care unit of a tertiary care hospital in Addis Ababa: a prospective study. Res Rep Neonatol. 2016; 6:17-23.
20. Mihaylova A, Uchicova E, Parahuleva N, Parahuleva M. Prevention of hyaline membrane disease (HMD)
in preterm infants. World J Pharmacy Pharm Sci. 2016; 5:9-16.
21. Sivasubramaniam PG, Quinn CE, Blevins M, Al Hajajra A, Khuri-Bulos N, Faouri S, et al. Neonatal outcomes of infants admitted to a large government hospital in Amman, Jordan. Global J Health Sci. 2015; 7(4):217.
22. Koum D, Essomba N, Odile N, Ngwe I, Ndanga M, Ndombo PK, et al. Factors associated with early neonatal morbidity and mortality in an urban district hospital. Int J Latest Res Sci Technol. 2015; 5(3):9-43.
23. Siva Saranappa SB, Madhu GN, Singh R. A study of disease pattern and outcome of newborns admitted to NICU in a tertiary care hospital. J Evolut Med Dent Sci. 2014; 3(5):1113-9.