1. Mortazavi F, Mousavi SA, Chaman R, Khosravi A. Maternal quality of life during the transition to motherhood. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2014; 16(5):e8443.
2. Barlow J, Coren E. Parent-training programmes for improving maternal psychosocial health. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; 1:Cd002020.
3. Eaton MM. Self-efficacy in first time mothers: a comparison of younger and older mothers. [Dissertation Thesis]. Manhattan (US): Kansas State University; 2007.
4. Bandura A. Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency. Am Psychol. 1982; 37(2):122.
5. Teti DM, Gelfand DM. Behavioral competence among mothers of infants in the first year: the mediational role of maternal self‐efficacy. Child Dev. 1991; 62(5):918-29.
6. Sanders MR, Woolley ML. The relationship between maternal self-efficacy and parenting practices: implications for parent training. Child Care Health Dev. 2005; 31(1):65-73.
7. Bryanton J, Gagnon AJ, Hatem M, Johnston C. Predictors of early parenting self-efficacy: results of a prospective cohort study. Nurs Res. 2008; 57(4):252-9.
8. Mirghafourvand M, Bagherinia M. Relationship between maternal self-efficacy and functional status four months after delivery in Iranian primiparous women. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2018; 39(4):321-8.
9. Fathi F, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Mirghafourvand M. Maternal self-efficacy, postpartum depression, and their relationship with functional status in Iranian mothers. Women Health. 2018;
10. Noor NM, Aziz AA, Mostapa MR, Awang Z. Validation of the malay version of the inventory of functional status after childbirth questionnaire. Biomed Res Int. 2015; 2015:972728.
11. Barkin JL, Wisner KL, Bromberger JT, Beach SR, Terry MA, Wisniewski SR. Development of the Barkin index of maternal functioning. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010; 19(12):2239-46.
12. Lin JS, O'connor E, Evans CV, Senger CA, Rowland MG, Groom HC. Behavioral counseling to promote a healthy lifestyle in persons with cardiovascular risk factors: a systematic review for the US Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161(8):568-78.
13. Shafiabadi A. Educational and vocational guidance and counseling. Tehran: Samt; 2004.
14. Sharf RS. Theories of psychotherapy & counseling: concepts and cases. Massachusetts: Cengage Learning; 2015.
15. Schinke SP, Gilchrist LD. Adolescent pregnancy: an interpersonal skill training approach to prevention. Soc Work Health Care. 1977; 3(2):159-67.
16. Ellis A. Skill training in counselling and psychotherapy. Can J Counsel Psychother. 1977; 12(1):30-5.
17. Mahon BR, Altmann HA. Skill training: cautions and recommendations. Counselor Educ Superv. 1977; 17(1):42-50.
18. Botvin GJ, Dusenbury L, Baker E, James-Ortiz S, Kerner J. A skills training approach to smoking prevention among Hispanic youth. J Behav Med. 1989; 12(3):279-96.
19. Anthony WA, Margules A. Toward improving the efficacy of psychiatric rehabilitation: a skills-training approach. Rehabil Psychol. 1974; 21(3):101-5.
20. Tarverdy M, Basiri P, Alave H. An investigation on the effects of home care education on mortality and morbidity for preterm infant's mothers Tajrish hospital, 2003-2004. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Facul. 2006; 4(1):2-14.
21. Karp SM. The effects of maternal psychosocial factors on maternal competence for infant feeding. [Doctoral Dissertation]. Tennessee: Vanderbilt University; 2008.
22. Dehghani A, Orang M, Abdollahi FS, Parvianian NA, Vejdani M. Barriers to patient education in clinical care; viewpoints of nurses. Iran J Med Educ. 2014; 14(4):332-41.
23. Barkin JL, Wisner KL, Bromberger JT, Beach SR, Wisniewski SR. Factors associated with postpartum maternal functioning in women with positive screens for depression. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2016; 25(7):707-13.
24. Mirghafourvand M, Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S, Jafarabadi MA, Fathi F. Psychometric properties of maternal self-efficacy questionnaire in a population of Iranian mothers. J Child Fam Stud. 2016; 25(10):2966-71.
25. Jamalivand S, Mirghafourvand M, Mohammad-Alizadeh Charandabi S. Comparison of the effects of
educational software and training booklet on maternal self-efficacy and infant-care behavior in Iranian mothers: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Pediatr. 2017; 5(10):5923-34.
26. Montazeri A, Torkan B, Omidvari S. The edinburgh postnatal depression scale (EPDS): translation and validation study of the Iranian version. BMC Psychiatry. 2007; 7:11.
27. Kheirabadi GR, Maracy MR, Akbaripour S, Masaeli N. Psychometric properties and diagnostic accuracy of the edinburgh postnatal depression scale in a sample of Iranian women. Iran J Med Sci. 2012; 37(1):32-8.
28. Maliheh A, Mahnaz J, Asghar M, Mahmood S, Roghayeh K. Comparing the effect of simulation and video-based education on mothers’ self-efficacy in bathing preterm infants. Int J Med Res Health Sci. 2016; 5(12):147-53.
29. Chaves AF, Ximenes LB, Rodrigues DP, Vasconcelos CT, Monteiro JC, Oriá MO. Telephone intervention in the promotion of self-efficacy, duration and exclusivity of breastfeeding: randomized controlled trial. Rev Latino Am Enfermagem. 2019; 27:e3140.
30. Joventino ES, Ximenes LB, da Penha JC, Andrade LC, de Almeida PC. The use of educational video to promote maternal self-efficacy in preventing early childhood diarrhoea. Int J Nurs Pract. 2017; 23(3):25.
31. Shorey S, Chan SW, Chong YS, He HG. A randomized controlled trial of the effectiveness of a postnatal psychoeducation programme on self-efficacy, social support and postnatal depression among primiparas. J Adv Nurs. 2015; 71(6):1260-73.
32. Albarran AS, Reich SM. Using baby books to increase new mothers' self‐efficacy and improve toddler language development. Infant Child Dev. 2014; 23(4):374-87.
33. Kuo SC, Chen YS, Lin KC, Lee TY, Hsu CH. Evaluating the effects of an Internet education programme on newborn care in Taiwan. J Clin Nurs. 2009; 18(11):1592-601.
34. Bagherinia M, Mirghafourvand M, Shafaie FS. The effect of educational package on functional status and maternal self-confidence of primiparous women in postpartum period: a randomized controlled clinical trial. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2017; 30(20):2469-75.
35. Law KH, Dimmock J, Guelfi KJ, Nguyen T, Gucciardi D, Jackson B. Stress, depressive symptoms, and maternal self-efficacy in first-time mothers: modelling and predicting change across the first six months of motherhood. Appl Psychol Health Well Being. 2019; 11(1):126-47.
36. Bandura A, Freeman WH, Lightsey R. Self-efficacy: the exercise of control. New York: Macmillan Publishers; 1997.