1. Save the Children International. State of the world’s mothers: surviving the first day. London: Save the Children; 2013.
2. Alkema L, New JR, Pedersen J, You D. Child mortality estimation 2013: an overview of updates in estimation methods by the United Nations Interagency Group for Child Mortality Estimation. PloS One. 2014; 9(7):e101112.
3. World Health Organization. Levels and trends for maternal mortality: 1990 to 2013. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2014.
4. Lawn JE, Blencowe H, Oza S, You D, Lee AC, Waiswa P, et al. Every Newborn: progress, priorities, and potential beyond survival. Lancet. 2014; 384(9938): 189-205.
5. Wang H, Liddell CA, Coates MM, Mooney MD, Levitz CE, Schumacher AE, et al. Global, regional, and national levels of neonatal, infant, and under-5 mortality during 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014; 384(9947):957-79.
6. Shackman G, Wang X, Liu YL. Basic guide to the world: trends in infant mortality rates. Wisconsin: University of Wisconsin-Madison; 2014.
7. Akinyemi JO, Bamgboye EA, Ayeni O. Trends in neonatal mortality in Nigeria and effects of bio-demographic and maternal characteristics. BMC Pediatr. 2015; 15(1):36.
8. Ugwu GI, Okperi BO, Chinemelu UC. Pattern and outcome of presentation at the children emergency unit of a tertiary institution in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria: a one year prospective study. J Med. 2012; 13(2):170-3.
9. Owa JA, Osinaike AI. Neonatal morbidity and mortality in Nigeria. Indian J Pediatr. 1998; 65(3):441-9. 10. Ezeaka VC, Ogunbase AO, Awongbemi OT, Grange AO. Why our children die: a review of paediatric mortality in a tertiary centre in Lagos, Nigeria. Nigerian Quart J Hosp Med. 2003; 13(1):17-21.
11. Omoigberale AI, Sadoh WE, Nwaneri DU. A 4 year review of neonatal outcome at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City. Niger J Clin Pract. 2010; 13(3):321-5.
12. Mukhtar-Yola M, Iliyasu Z. A review of neonatal morbidity and mortality in Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, northern Nigeria. Trop Doctor. 2007; 37(3):130-2.
13. Toma BO, Ige OO, Abok II, Onwuanaku C, Abah RO, Donli A. Pattern of neonatal admissions and outcome in a tertiary institution in north central Nigeria. Nigeria J Med Trop. 2013; 15(2):121-5.
14. Ekwochi U, Ndu IK, Nwokoye IC, Ezenwosu OU, Amadi OF, Osuorah DI. Pattern of morbidity and mortality of newborns admitted into the sick and special care baby unit of Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Enugu state. Niger J Clin Pract. 2014; 17(3):346-51.
15. Mmbaga BT, Lie RT, Olomi R, Mahande MJ, Kvåle G, Daltveit AK. Cause-specific neonatal mortality in a neonatal care unit in Northern Tanzania: a registry based cohort study. BMC Pediatr. 2012; 12(1):116.
16. Kumar MK, Thakur S, Singh B. Study of the morbidity and the mortality patterns in the neonatal intensive care unit at a tertiary care teaching Hospital in Rohtas District, Bihar, India. J Clin Diagnostic Res. 2012; 6(2):282-5.
17. Ersdal HL, Mduma E, Svensen E, Perlman J. Birth asphyxia: a major cause of early neonatal mortality in a Tanzanian rural hospital. Pediatrics. 2012; 129(5):e1238-43.
18. Ravikumar SA, Elangovan H, Elayaraja K, Sunderavel AKK. Morbidity and mortality profile of neonates in a tertiary care centre in Tamil Nadu: a study from South India. Int J Contemp Pediatr 2018;5:377-82.
19. Ralkia A, Khan M, Memon AA, Daher SA. Pattern and outcome of neonatal ailments in a tertiary care hospital. Par J Med Res. 2014; 53(1):14.
20. Walana W, Acquah Ekuban KS, Abdul-Mumin A, Naafu B, Aruk E, et al. Pattern, causes and treatment outcomes of neonatal admission in the tamale teaching hospital. Clinics Mother Child Health. 2016; 13:(252):2.
21. Ali SR, Ahmed S, Lohana H. Disease patterns and outcomes of neonatal admissions at a secondary care hospital in Pakistan. Sultan Qaboos Univ Med J. 2013; 13(3):424.
22. Hoque MS, Alam S, Ahmed AS. Pattern of neonatal admissions and outcome in an intensive care unit (ICU) of a tertiary care paediatric hospital in Bangladesh a one-year analysis. J Bangladesh Coll Physic Surg. 2013; 31(3):134-9.
23. Demisse AG, Alemu F, Gizaw MA, Tigabu Z. Patterns of admission and factors associated with neonatal mortality among neonates admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit of University of Gondar Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. Pediatr Health Med Ther. 2017; 8:57.
24. Devpura B, Bhadesia P, Nimbalkar S, Desai S, Phatak A. Discharge against medical advice at neonatal intensive care unit in Gujarat, India. . International Journal of Pediatrics. 2016; 2016:1897039.
25. Al-Turkistani HK. Discharge against medical advice from Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: 10 years experience at a University Hospital. J Fam Community Med. 2013; 20(2):113-115.