10. Georgieff MK, Widness JA, Mills MM, Stonestreet BS. The effect of prolonged intrauterine hyperinsulinemia on iron utilization in fetal sheep. Pediatr Res. 1989; 26(5):467–9.
11. Petry CD, Wobken JD, McKay H, Eaton MA, Seybold VS, Johnson DE, et al. Placental transferrin receptor in diabetic pregnancies with increased fetal iron demand. Am J Physiol. 1994; 267(4 Pt 1):E507–14.
12. Georgieff MK, Petry CD, Mills MM, McKay H, Wobken JD. Increased N-glycosylation and reduced transferring-binding capacity of transferrin receptor isolated from placentas of diabetic women. Placenta. 1997; 18(7):563–8.
13. Petry CD, Eaton MA, Wobken JD, Mills MM, Johnson DE, Georgieff MK. Liver, heart, and brain iron deficiency in newborn infants of diabetic mothers. J Pediatr. 1992; 121(1):109–14.
14. Cianflone K, Roncari DK, Maslowska M, Baldo A, Forden J, Sniderman AD. Adipsin/acylation stimulating protein system in human adipocytes: regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis. Biochemistry. 1994; 33(32):9489–9495.
15. Yasruel Z, Cianflone K, Sniderman AD, Rosenbloom M, Walsh M, Rodriguez MA. Effect of acylation stimulating protein on the triacylglycerol synthetic pathway of human adipose tissue. Lipids. 1991; 26(7):495–9.
16. Haagsman HP, de Haas CG, Geelen MJ, van Golde LM. Regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis in the liver. Modulation of diacylglycerol acyltransferase activity in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1982; 257(18):10593–8.
17. Germinario R, Sniderman AD, Manuel S, Lefebvre SP, Baldo A, Cianflone K. Coordinate regulation of triacylglycerol synthesis and glucose transport by acylation stimulating protein. Metabolism. 1993; 40(5):574–80.
18. Cianflone K, Lu H, Smith J, Yu W, Wang H. Adiponectin, acylation stimulating protein and complement C3 are altered in obesity in very young children. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005; 62(5):567–72.
21. Kitamura S, Yokota I, Hosoda H, Kotani Y, Matsuda J, Naito E, et al. Ghrelin concentration in cord and neonatal blood: relation to fetal growth and energy balance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88(11):5473–7.
23. Connor JR, Menzies SL. Relationship of iron to oligodendrocytes and myelination. Glia. 1996; 17(2):89–93.
24. de Deungria M, Rao R, Wobken JD, Luciana M, Nelson CA, Georgieff MK. Perinatal iron deficiency decreases cytochrome c oxidase (CytOx) activity in selected regions of neonatal rat brain. Pediatr Res. 2000; 48(2):169–76.
26. Rooney SA. Regulation of Surfactant-Associated Phospholipid Synthesis and Secretion. In: Polin RA, Fox WW, editors. Fetal and Neonatal Physiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 1998.P.1283–99.
Deregnier RA, Nelson CA, Thomas KM, Wewerka S, Georgieff MK. Neurophysiologic evaluation of auditory recognition memory in healthy newborn infants and infants of diabetic mothers. J Pediatr. 2000; 137(6):777–84.