1. Mianaei SJ, Karahroudy FA, Rassouli M, Tafreshi MZ. The effect of creating opportunities for parent empowerment program on maternal stress, anxiety, and participation in NICU wards in Iran. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2014; 19(1):94-100.
2. Obeidat HM, Bond EA, Callister LC. The parental experience of having an infant in the newborn intensive care unit. J Perinat Educ. 2009; 18(3):23-9.
3. Sloan K, Rowe J, Jones L. Stress and coping in fathers following the birth of a preterm infant. J Neonat Nurs. 2008; 14(4):108-15.
4. Russell G, Sawyer A, Rabe H, Abbott J, Gyte G, Duley L, et al. Parents’ views on care of their very premature babies in neonatal intensive care units: a qualitative study. BMC Pediatr. 2014; 14(1):230.
5. Soares RL, Christoffel MM, da Rodrigues E, Machado ME, Cunha AL. Ser pai de recémnascido prematuro na unidade de terapia intensiva neonatal: da parentalidade a paternidade. Escola Anna Nery Rev Enferm. 2015; 19(3):409-16.
6. Shahkolahi Z, Abdeyazdan Z, Mehrabi T, Hajiheidari M. Supporting fathers of premature infants hospitalized in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). J Crit Care Nurs. 2014; 7(1):31-40.
7. Abdeyazdan Z, Shahkolahi Z, Mehrabi T, Hajiheidari M. A family support intervention to reduce stress among parents of preterm infants in neonatal intensive care unit. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2014; 19(4):349-53.
8. Provenzi L, Santoro E. The lived experience of fathers of preterm infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: a systematic review of qualitative studies. J Clin Nurs. 2015; 24(13-14):1784-94.
9. Polit DF, Beck CT. Nursing research: generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2016.
10. Braun V, Clarke V. Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitat Res Psychol. 2006; 3(2):77-101.
11. Guba EG. Criteria for assessing the trustworthiness of naturalistic inquiries. ECTJ. 1981; 29(2):75-91.
12. Elo S, Kääriäinen M, Kanste O, Pölkki T, Utriainen K, Kyngäs H. Qualitative content analysis: A focus on trustworthiness. Sage Open. 2014; 4(1):2158244014522633.
13. Heidari H, Hasanpour M, Fooladi M. The Iranian parents of premature infants in NICU experience stigma of shame. Med Arh. 2012; 66(1):35-40.
14. Cinar N, Kuguoglu S, Sahin S, Altinkaynak S. The experience of fathers having premature infants in neonatal intensive care unit. Open J Pediatr Neonatal Care. 2017; 2(1):1-12.
15. St John W, Cameron C, McVeigh C. Meeting the challenge of new fatherhood during the early weeks. J Obstet Gynecol Neonat Nurs. 2005; 34(2):180-9.
16. Hollywood M, Hollywood E. The lived experiences of fathers of a premature baby on a neonatal intensive care unit. J Neonat Nurs. 2011; 17(1):32-40.
17. Wigert H, Berg M, Hellström AL. Parental presence when their child is in neonatal intensive care. Scand J Caring Sci. 2010; 24(1):139-46.
18. Lindberg B, Axelsson K, Öhrling K. The birth of premature infants: experiences from the fathers’ perspective. J Neonat Nurs. 2007; 13(4):142-9.
19. Zargham-Boroujeni A, Mahdavi-Lenji Z, Hasanpour M, Sadeghnia A. Discovering the barriers to spread the usage of peripherally inserted central venous catheters in the neonatal intensive care units: a qualitative research. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2013; 18(4):259.
20. Hynan MT. Supporting fathers during stressful times in the nursery: an evidence-based review. Newborn Infant Nurs Rev. 2005; 5(2):87-92.
21. Feeley N, Waitzer E, Sherrard K, Boisvert L, Zelkowitz P. Fathers’ perceptions of the barriers and facilitators to their involvement with their newborn hospitalised in the neonatal intensive care unit. J Clin Nurs. 2013; 22(3-4):521-30.
22. Værland IE, Vevatne K, Brinchmann BS. Fathers’ experience of starting family life with an infant born prematurely due to mothers’ severe illness. Sex Reprod Healthc. 2017; 13:8-13.
23. Ekas NV, Whitman TL, Shivers C. Religiosity, spirituality, and socioemotional functioning in mothers of children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2009; 39(5):706-19.
24. Rosenbaum JL, Smith JR, Zollfrank R. Neonatal end-of-life spiritual support care. J Perinat Neonat Nurs. 2011; 25(1):61-9.
25. Brelsford GM, Doheny KK. Religious and spiritual journeys: brief reflections from mothers and fathers in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Pastoral Psychol. 2016; 65(1):79-87.
26. Heidari H, Hasanpour M, Fooladi M. Stress management among parents of neonates hospitalized in NICU: a qualitative study. J Caring Sci. 2017; 6(1):29-38.