1. Tucker J, McGuire W. Epidemiology of preterm birth. BMJ. 2004; 329(7467):675 Sci Health Ser. 2006; 13(3):5-9 (Persian).
2. Khalesi N, Kamrani K. Evaluation of surfactant effects on newborns. Sci J Hamadan Univ Med
3. Als H. Reading the premature infant. Developmental interventions in the neonatal intensive care nursery. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 1999. P. 18-85.
4. Whaley LF, Wong DL, Mosby CV, Whaley L, Wong D. Nursing care of infants and children. St. LouisMissouri: Mosby Co; 2002. P. 42.
5. Harrison D, Evans C, Johnston L, Longhnan P. Bedside assessment of heel lance pain in the hospitalized Infant. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2002; 31(5):551-7.
6. Carbajal R, Rousset A, Danan D, Coquery S, Nolent P, Ducrocq S, et al. Epidemiology and treatment of painful procedures in neonates in intensive care units. JAMA. 2008; 300(1):60-70.
7. Grunau RE, Holsti L, Haley DW, Oberlander T, Weinberg J, Solimano A, et al. Neonatal procedural pain exposure predicts lower cortisol and behavioral reactivity in preterm infants in the NICU. Pain. 2005; 113(3):293-300.
8. Kapellou O. Blood sampling in infants (reducing pain and morbidity). BMJ Clin Evid. 2009; 2009:313.
9. Hockenberry MJ, Wilson D, Wong DL. Wong´s essentials of pediatric nursing9: Wong´s essentials of pediatric nursing. New York: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2012.
10. Tonekaboni M. Tohfatol momenin. Tehran: Nashre Shahr; 2008.
11. Kyle G. Evaluating the effectiveness of aromatherapy in reducing levels of anxiety in palliative care patients: results of a pilot study. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2006; 12(2):148-55.
12. Daghighbin E. Comparison the effect of honey and lavender cream on wound healing and pain in primiparous women Episiotomy. [MSC Thesis]. Ahvaz, Iran: Nursing and Midwifery Faculty, Ahvaz Jondishapur University of Medical Science; 2007.
13. Cavanagh HM, Wilkinson JM. Biological activity of lavender essential oil. Phytother Res. 2002; 16(4):301-8.
14. Stevens B Johnston C et al. Premature Infant Pain Profile: Development and initial validation. Clinical Journal of Pain. 1996; 12: 13-22.
15. Rosdahl CB, Kawlski MT. Textbook of basis nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008. P. 120.
16. Black JM, Hawks JH. Medical-surgical nursing. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier; 2009. P. 205.
17. Anand KJ, Hickey PR. Pain and its effect in the human neonate and fetus. N Engl J Med. 1987; 317(21):1321-9.
18. Bilgen H, Ozek E, Cebeci D, Ors R. Comparison of sucrose, expressed breast milk, and breast-feeding on the neonatal response to heal prick. J Pain. 2001; 2(5):301-5.
19. Nishitani S, Miyamura T, Tagawa M, Sumi M, Takase R, Doi H, et al. The calming effect of a maternal breast milk odor on the human newborn infant. Neurosci Res. 2009; 63(1):66-71.
20. Varendi H, Christensson K, Porter RH, Winberg J. Soothing effect of amniotic fluid smell in new born infants. Early Hum Dev. 1998; 51(1):47-55.
21. Sadathosseini A. Negarande R, Mehran A, Movahedi Z, Effect of familiar olfactory stimulus on responses to blood sampling pain in neonates. Sci J Hamadan Univ Med Sci Health Ser. 2011; 18(1):10-9 (Persian).
22. Chang HM, Chiang LC. Evaluating effectiveness of swaddling on physiological indicators among preterm-infants during suction period-on the application of levine's conservation model of nursing. 18th International Nursing Research Congress Focusing on Evidence-Based Practice, Vienna, Austria; 2007.
23. Gray L, Watt L, Blass EM. Skin-to-skin contact is analgesic in healthy newborns. Pediatrics. 2000; 105(1):e14.
24. Castral TC, Wamok F, Leite A, Haas V. The effects of skin-to-skin contact during acute pain in preterm newborn. Eur J Pain. 2008; 12(4): 464-71.
25. Cassidy JW, Standley JM. The effect of music listening on physiological responses of premature infants in the NICU. J Music Ther. 1995; 32(4):208-27.
26. Bartocci M, Winberg J, Raggiero C, Bergquist LL, Serra G, Lagercrantz H. Activation of olfactory cortex in newborn infants after odor stimulation: a functional near-infrated spectroscopy study. Pediatr Res. 2000; 48(1):18-23.